EAGLE FP7 project partner: JSI

JSI 

JSI - Jožef Stefan Institute


 

A few years after the establishment in 1946 the JSI became active in the research connected to the peaceful use of atomic energy. This work intensified after nuclear research reactor TRIGA started operation in 1966 and led to collaboration of many scientists/engineers during preparation, construction and operation of Krško Nuclear Power Plant.

In 1989 the Nuclear Training Center (NTC) was established within JSI with the specific task of education of Krško NPP staff. Already at that time public information became one of the important parallel activities of the NTC which houses the Nuclear Information Center receiving some 8000 visitors per year (mostly youngsters and schoolchildren).

IJS is intensively involved in WP1 and pilot actions.

> Website: www.ijs.si